Thursday, March 6, 2014

Ni Hao China!

We have arrived in Beijing!  It was quite the nail biter getting to the airport with the snow Wednesday morning!  With a little running and a lot of praying...we have made it!  Thank God!
We don't get Lily until Monday (China time) which is Sunday US time:)  So you guys get to see her sooner ;) ha ha.  A little brain teaser for ya!
I have 5 minutes to write this because we are headed out to the Forbidden City and Tiananmen Square and an acrobat show tonight!  We are 12 hours ahead of you!  They want us to get a taste of their culture here to be able to share that with Lily someday.  And we are certainly OK with that.  Tomorrow is the Great Wall.
I can't explain how excited we are!  I thought it was going to be tough leaving yesterday and was nervous that I would cry in front of the boys.  But I didn't!  That certainly was not my strength so I gotta give God the credit for that.  I've had complete peace of mind!  And so has Dale.  The boys are in great hands and I know all of our family and friends and neighbors are supporting us!  It was not until walking down the runway onto the plane where I got a bit choked up.
I guess there was a 12 hour power outage at our house and neighborhood.  We just Skyped with my mom and boys and my mom was so thankful for all the calls and offers for help.  And I'm not sure who plowed our driveway but thank you!  And thank you Chris G. for shoveling our front walk!  We have the BEST family, friends and neighbors!!!
Hope to share some pictures later.  It's a little after 9am here Friday morning.  So Goodnight to all of you!  Lots of love!!!  xoxo

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for your detailed story. We are about 5 days from traveling to China to adopt our girl and leaving behind two boys. It is encouraging to read the story of those that have gone before us.

    ReplyDelete