Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Day 9: Lily goes Pearl shopping

Today was a day off from appointments.  It was nice to sleep in!  Lily is doing fantastic on her naps and sleeping.  The girl doesn't like to go to bed...but once she is in it...she sleeps and sleeps well!  Thank you Lord!  This is a girl after my own heart because I need my sleep for sure!

Lily-kins likes to shop!   We went with our group to the Pearl market today.  It's crazy there with all the different shops, offering all the same things.  Our rep knows the quality ones so she took us to them.  We bought Lily a nice string of pearls.  Someone please help me to remember to give those to her on her graduation day ;) he he.  Some of you know how bad my memory is!

Here are some quick highlights:

Lily is making friends!  We've spent  2 weeks now with 3 other families.  This is Alivia.  She is 3 years old, beautiful and a spitfire!  We love her!  She has adapted with her forever family beautifully!  Alivia is sharing her snack with Lily.


There's Mc'D's in background :)

This is on the river cruise last night.  It was hard to get decent pics.  But the bridges were all lit up with different colors and the buildings are very unique here.  
This is tallest building in Guangzhou


Lily is standing and walking ALL around the room now!  She won't walk for you in a big space ...like  the hotel lobby.  Although she did briefly this morning...a few steps.  All the families clapped for her! :)

LILY has substituted the TV remote for a phone.  Maybe someday we will talk on and switch channels with our TV remotes.  Life would be simpler ;)  Lily is a GENIUS! ;)

I've been trying to upload an 8 sec video of her walking.  But this blogger thingy keeps saying it fails.    Technology does not like me!  It's a cute video!  I'll keep trying!  I will win over Blogger!  My competitive side is coming out! ;0

Tonight we are going to a Mexican restaurant.  Can you believe that?  Never thought we'd find that here.  We heard it is good.  Please pray for my intestines;) ha ha

Tomorrow is BIG day!  We get up EARLY and head to the US Consulate!  We will do whatever paperwork...then take oath.  Miss Lily Ann Grace will become an AMERICAN CITIZEN as soon as she walks through the U.S. threshold :))  She will wear her red, white and blue and wave a little American flag (that her Mima gave her).  

Love to all and big hugs and kisses to our boyz!  We MISS them so much!  We Skype nearly everyday but I just need to get my hands on them and squeeze them tight!  They were so cute this morning making funny faces to Lily.  She smiled, laughed and pointed at them.  

xoxo





1 comment:

  1. I am just loving all these updates. Thank you so much for sharing this with us. I am still in shock that this time as finally come after so many prayers and tears! God is SO GOOD! We praise Him! My mantra every day since you guys have been gone is that Love has no language and no barriers and that Lily feels that! I can see from the pictures that she definitely starting to feel it! Anyway, can't wait until you guys come home! Love you!

    Kristina

    ReplyDelete