Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Day 2 of “Lily-loo”

What can we say…we feel so blessed!  Lily is adapting beautifully!  It was so late last night when we  blogged and the last 2 days have been so busy…that I haven’t gotten to give you good details.  We flew into Zenzhou Sunday and had meeting with agency rep, went to bank, got tickets at train station then Walmart for Lily formula, chinese snacks etc.   We’ve also had difficult time hooking up at the hotel here in Zenzhou.  I haven’t gotten to email and my cell is not working properly…so if you have emailed or texted me …I apologize, just know it’s because of all the above :)  
So…here’s the “skinny” on Lily.  She’s beautiful!  But you already knew that!  But I had to say it anyway!! ;0  Yesterday, when we got her she seemed a little glazed over in the eyes.  My eyes were filled with tears but I kept it together and somehow Dale did too.  Lily seemed like she was in shock.  She cuddled with me and put her head on my shoulder but she would not show you her personality.  Her hands would not clutch my arms, neck or shoulders.  She would only clasp her package of rice crackers in one hand and the pink stuffed unicorn I gave her in other hand.  She was like that for most of the day.  She would NOT allow us to take off her coat or even the white bandana around her neck.  She was in 4 layers of clothing.  We slowly over the course of a couple hours got her first layer off.  Our baby girl also does not want to be put down for any reason or allow you to sit down with her.  She’s getting better with that today but let me tell you…my left bicep looks like that of a heavy weight champ!  We did finally get the other layers off and gave her a bath.  She wasn’t stinky by any means but I wanted to make sure she didn’t have any rashes or skin conditions.  She’s a skinny little thing but solid.  Later in the evening she gave us some precious smiles and lit up the room!  I posted those pics last night.  She also laughed when we would tickle her back.  She stood briefly but has decided not to show us anything further with standing or walking.  But she is clinging and grasping my shoulders and neck.  She already plays us like a fiddle!
She flip flopped like a fish last night.  Considering she’s been so clingy we thought she should share a bed with me for security and bonding.  She hogged the bed and stole all my covers!  She would sleep sideways and would push her feet against me.  Around 2 am she took my hands and would wave them back and forth.  She was playing with me:)  Then, laying down, she would throw one of her legs up in the air in a 1/2 circle and have in land in my hand.  It was so cute!  Needless to say, I did not get much sleep but I had fun with her.  

Today she has been eating and drinking like a champ.  She would not take any of our bottle or sippie cups yesterday.  Our agency rep yesterday was able to locate a special cleft pallate bottle for us and she has taken to it.  She’s been smily and her eyes are twinkling with personality.  This morning we went to the registration office to get the official adoption certificate and to the Notary office.  We just ate at an authentic chinese restaurant here and Lily actually got off my lap and stood and walked a couple steps!!!!  Tomorrow is a big day…taking the train to Xinyang City to fill out Lily’s passport application.  We also have requested to see Lily’s orphanage.  They have told us that it’s possible if it is a good time.  I’m bringing a suitcase full of onesies for the orphans so I sure hope it’s a good time. :)  I want to see where Lily has lived the past 20 months!  I want to meet her “nanny.”  And Dale made a great point…we will be arriving at Lily’s birthplace.  She was found at the Xinyang City train station waiting room!  The good news is…instead of a 3.5 hour train ride each way…(what we were originally told)… they have a bullet train!  So now it will only take us 1 hour and 15 minutes each way!  You know why?  It goes 200 MPH!  Holy cow!  This is gonna be a cool ride!   Thank you God!

So much to tell …so little time but someone please remind me to tell you about beer vending machines, toddler split pants, and baby’s on mopeds w/no helmets.  This ALL can be found in China!  Signing off from Zenzhou…a city of only 8 million people (downsized from the 20 million in Beijing!)  We still have 1 billion more people to meet in China.  Still can’t wrap my head around it all!  Love to you all!

Enjoy some pics! 





No comments:

Post a Comment