Thursday, March 20, 2014

COMING HOME

We depart the hotel in 9 hours!  It's going to be a LONG one!  Our flight to Beijing got canceled.  So now we have an even earlier one! It's a 3 hour flight to Beijing.   Then we are sitting at the Beijing airport for 6 hours until our flight to Chicago (14 hour flight).  We are looking at a 25 hour day from leaving hotel.  So yes...please pray for all of us.  We need strength, endurance, patience and rest (to name a few ;).  And I just pray Lily will be OK through it all.  Confined spaces are not her friend but mostly I just want her to be comfortable, no belly or ear pains and to get sleep.

This was our last Skype this morning with the boys.  Skype has been rather frustrating overseas.  So for any of you traveling in the future, you may want to check out the issues online.  It worked for us a couple times but the big issue 95% of the time was that the boys could not hear us (they could see us) but we could hear and see them.  Come to find out...this has been a common problem for many.   We tested our side...they tested their side.  It was definitely a Skype problem.   Anyway, I was thankful just to be able to see and hear my sweet boys.  Look at those sweet faces!



Today, Lily's Visa was issued to us.  That was the last item to wait on...so we are ready to rock and roll!
Bags are packed!  Homeward Bound!  Can't wait to get home and squeeze our boys, family and friends!  AND introduce LILY in person!! Thanks again for all your comments on the blog.  Dale and I have thoroughly enjoyed reading them all and it encouraged us through the 16 days away!  
I will continue to blog as much as possible when we get home and adjust.  What's ahead of us is a tremendous hurdle... surgery for Lily's cleft palate.  Looking back, the last 1 1/2 years of paperwork and process to finally have Lily in our arms seems like a piece of cake compared to what is ahead for her surgery.  I've read some on it and honestly, it makes me nervous to say the least.  I don't want my baby in pain.  But I know God will get us through.  
Love to you all!  D&N



2 comments:

  1. YEAH!! It's time to come HOME! Safe travels -- I hope it's as easy as possible. Please share pictures of your homecoming, I can't wait to see all three of the kids together....and don't forget to take a family photo with all 5 of you! XOXO See you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woohooo!!! Good Luck and safe travels! Prayers...always xoxo

    ReplyDelete