Sunday, May 11, 2014

Happy Mother of 3

Happy Mother's day!  I hope you had a day full of peace, joy and love!   My day was quite relaxing with no agenda ...no places we had to be.  We just got to be together on a beautiful day.  I'm really OK with that!
So my mind has been on Lily's surgery which is this Tuesday 5/13.  I'll never feel like I'm prepared but I certainly pray up every chance I get.  All and all, the procedure to close her cleft palate and put tubes in her ears will take about 3 hours.  I'd like to say I'm good, prepared and have all the faith in the world.  But, I have my moments of weakness, tears and anxiety.   Lily will be in the hospital for a minimum of 24 hours and could be up to 72 hours depending on her and how she is taking in fluids on her own.  Obviously, she will be very swollen and it will be difficult to swallow.  The first 5-6 days will be challenging for Lily with drinking and being fed from syringes.  The following days will be better ...but all soft foods.  She is supposed to wear splints on her arms to keep her from reaching in her mouth.  Ugh!  After 2 weeks of recovery, Lily will see the surgeon to make sure her scabbing is healed and hopefully we will get the green light to go back to regular foods.  Let me tell you, Lily lives to eat!  The girl can polish off a lot of food faster than anyone!  What if she becomes one of those tiny people that wins those hot dog eating contests!  Seriously!  We can't figure out where it goes!

I'm hoping Lily heals quickly!  The girl loves the outdoors.  Here she is running through our backside of dandelions by the pond.  

 She's catching her brother Noah!

 She loves throwing rocks into the pond with Noah.
 Love that smile!  And she loves her "Pebbles Hair-do"!
 Lily's Uncle Price flew in to visit Lily for the first time and gave her that precious dress!
 She must love her Uncle Price because she wanted to swing with him!  This is one of her favorite things!
 Happy happy girl!
 This momma loves her family!  Smooshing Daddy is fun!

Walking into Lurie for pre-surgery appt.

Lily decided she did not want to go to her appointment and walked down the hall to find toys.

 And....she found them. ;)  I like her determination!

We've only had our baby girl for 2 months.  I feel like we've known her since birth.  What gives me peace is knowing and trusting in God.  And He gave her to us.  It was His plan.  I know that.  And again...I will share the story on that soon.  Besides, I have 3 hours to do that on Tuesday!  But also...I know what a fighter my Lily is.  She's a surviver.  She's determined.  She's wickedly smart!  And... she loves us and I know she knows...we love her.  All of that will get us all through.

I leave you with yet another cute picture.  Lily loves hats!  Here she is with her cousin Ollie.  Both raising the cuteness scale to a whole new level!


I'll be posting as much as possible at the hospital to keep you up to date.
Love to you all.  D&N

No comments:

Post a Comment