Thursday, May 29, 2014

Recovering after Recovery


Sooooo...we started "recovery" out like this (pic below).  I mean...seriously...she's still cute when she's stinkin' mad!  Believe it or not, Lily actually didn't mind the arm restraints.  I thought for sure I would have a wrestling match each and every time...but before nap time or bedtime, she would always point to them as if saying..."ok, now THAT is next...THEN the blankie, THEN... cuddle with me."  She knew the drill and would even hold out one arm first for us to fasten, then the other arm (as she whimpered oh so sadly).

These last 2 weeks consisted of our everyday routine...except the fact that we had to feed her by syringe and douse her mouth with watered down alcohol-free mouthwash (there is no word to describe the bad breath!).  That was not fun for anyone.  Then Lily decided (all upon herself, mind you)  that she would like some household responsibilities.  She fumbles underneath my kitchen sink and finds the wood cleaner and the actual cloth I use every time.  What can I say?  I'm loving the help!


After some impressive dusting...Lily needed a break.  She's like her Daddy...
with wanting full control of the remote!

And....back to dusting.

As a reward for such amazing work and creating a "dust free" zone...
Lily requested more chocolate pudding!

The last 4 days of her 2 week recovery consisted of heading north to Lily's MI cottage.  

The long Memorial weekend consisted of ...fishing...

Here's our good friend Emily ...she caught a BIG one!

 Some hangin' with Gamma on the dock...

Playing "capture the flag"...

Paddling on a raft with friends...

Deep talks with Gampa

And capturing "pet" frogs ;0


And Lily's favorite...driving the boat with "Ba Ba".

There's nothing better than ending the day with a bath in the kitchen "farm sink."  
Happy happy happy girl!

We drove back home late on Memorial Day.  It was a longer drive to and from because of the holiday weekend traffic.  Lily did fantastic each 5 hour way!~  So proud of her.  On the way back, I caught Lily staring at me in the dark car.  I could see her eyes...so serious.  It was evident she was in deep thought.  This little girl is a thinker... and very meticulous in everything she does.  She's very smart and possibly (dare I say) ...brilliant.  She scares me ;) ...because she is THAT smart.  But, it was then...when I caught her stare that it occurred to me..."does she think we are going to hand her to someone else?...like she was handed to us?"   I wonder sometimes because...we have had to hand her off to so many people in the medical world.  She's had a lot of appointments.  She's seen A LOT of people.  I wonder.  I hope and pray...she knows for certain that we are IT.  
We are her mommy and daddy forever.  
We are her family.

The other day, Lily and I met Noah at the park for his class picnic outing.  Lily started fearlessly  going off by herself and we had to call her back several times.  She would wave "bye bye" and walk off.  As we went after her, Noah says with his cute lisp...
"Ahhhhh, she's willwee (really) growin' up fast!"


Yes!!!  Yes, she is Noah...and so are you ole' man!  




I think Lily is recovering just fine!
Next appointment is in 3 weeks.  The surgeon will check her palate again and then it's speech therapy time.  Just wait til' this little girl starts talkin'!  There's no telling' what's going to come out ;0
Love to all... D&N


No comments:

Post a Comment