Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Lily-Bug is CrrrrAzy!

Is it Spring?  or still winter!??  Lily doesn't know what to make of it.  But regardless...she loves being outside!  Lily is crazy!  She absolutely loves the 4 wheeler!  She grunts and points at it every time she sees it and expects her "ba ba" (daddy) to take her on it.  Lily is soooo excited that she holds her head!


These 2 monkeys go along for the ride.


Lily loves to play ball with her brothers!
 And she enjoys her new little vehicle...compliments of Kim O.  Thanks Kim!


Lily is "Fashion-forward" with her Spring Look.

We went to LaSalle again to see more family and friends.  Here Lily gave a big warm hug to my friend Nicki.  She ran into her arms!  It's almost like ...Lily is welcoming everyone to her...not the other way around!  

Noah gets a little of his own medicine and has a monkey on HIS back ;)  And he loves it!!

Lily is lovin' the "lime light"...getting so much attention from all the Aunts, Uncles and cousins!
Cousin Hayden is such a gentle and sweet boy!  love him!
Aunt Karen and Uncle Jeff got some Lily-lovin !


 Dale thinks he can pull off a bow!  Let's just say ...he is getting in touch with his feminine side ;))

Cousin Ollie is having "none of it" and wants Lily to stay away from his Momma! OMG is he cute even when he's a Drama King!~

Thank you Grace for making Lily a water bottle shaker ;)  Oh the simple things in life are the best!  
She loves it!

We just had our first social worker visit today.  I was a little worried and called my agency to just see what to expect from this visit.  And they were so helpful and said not to worry because she just asks questions to see how Lily is adapting and how we are adapting to her.  I didn't know if they inspected your house or what.  But they didn't!  I should have just sent them this blog.  I mean...what more do you need?  This shows how beautifully Lily is adapting!  Each picture tells a little mini-story.  The social worker was very nice and found it very evident that Lily is doing fantastic.

Again...what can I say?  This little girl loves everyone and is so joyful!  I'm so thankful and feel so blessed!!

So....it's the official countdown until her surgery May 13th.  Twenty-seven days until that day.  Time will fly I know...but I am not looking forward to it at all.  I have a bit of anxiety.  I worry more about her recovery than the actual surgery.  I just don't want her to be in pain and the 10 days after surgery are the hardest for her.  Eating will be tough ... since she can only eat soft mushy foods.  And she will need to wear splints on her arms so she doesn't  go digging in her mouth and mess up the closure.
What I look forward to is when she can really start talking!  Without the roof of your mouth...it's not easy to talk.  But I do love the fact that the one word she does say is....(drum roll please)...."Ma Ma."
I'll keep you posted.  
P.S.  I can't remember if I said this before...but I wanted to thank all of you that wrote to the boys while we were gone.!  That meant so much to them and to us.  I still look at the drawings and letters!  
And ...well, I gotta say this one is very impressive.  Props go to Bill Andreoni!  Wow Bill...I did not know you had it in ya!  :)) Thanks again!!!  Love to all!  D&N




No comments:

Post a Comment