Monday, April 7, 2014

Embracing Family, Embracing Love

Lily physically came from a "small town" in China with a population of 5 million.  Crazy.  But I think her heart has always been here...in the Kalman small-town of LaSalle, IL, population...9,500.  When we arrived on Sunday, it did not feel like her first visit.  In fact, she acted like she owned the place!  New places and new faces do not scare this little fireball!  It's amazing that there really isn't a "transition phase" with her or any of our family!  It's like Lily has always been here.

Lily took over the "Jake-man" mobile.  Look out!

Cousins play :)


 Gampa knows how to tickle Lily pink!

Jake loves to carry his lil' sis around.
 Precious hugs.  In fact, the first running hug Jake received from Lily was after school one day.  And immediately after that precious squeeze...he replied, "that felt sooooooo good!"

 I'm trying to show Lily how to drive "safely" in the U.S. (opposite of China ;) lol!

Sweet Maddie gives Lily a kiss!

I'm proud to say I received a running hug from cousin Maddie!  It was everything I had hoped & dreamed it would be (and more!)  Thank you Maddie!!! xoxoxoxo

So many smiles and fun...I had to post these sweet pics of Noah


Gamma & 2 of her 6 grandsons :))

Today Noah showed Lily around our backyard.  Hand and hand sweetness.
 


I'm literally speechless...therefore "typeless" on this blog right now.  I'm smiling still with joyful tears because it melts my heart like butter to realize this precious girl is ours.  She embraces us with this radiant, endless rainbow of love.  And what is equally heart warming is the enormous strong embrace of love that Lily has received from ALL of our family and friends.  And she still has more to meet!

Speaking of love...I must include a quick story.  I shall say that this is fictional...but it really isn't.  I won't disclose the actual, "real life" names to the characters so that I keep their "identities" in the shadows so that there is no so called "embarrassment."  Ok...so with that disclaimer, I will proceed.  
An incident arose tonight with a child, we will call him, "Jack."  Jack temporarily had it in his head that his mother loved his brother more.  We will call the brother, "Nolan."  The mother questioned Jack as to why he had this "silly notion" in his mind.  Jack responded that his mother spent more time with Nolan.  I responded...I mean, "the mother" responded that this is a crazy notion and proved her point by lovingly describing all the times she has spent with him.  Jack shook his head somewhat convinced.  Then the mother explained, "Jack, I have a special love for you as my first born.  It is no smaller or larger than my love for Nolan.  But it IS special and different.  And my love is another kind of special for your sister (we shall call her "Lila").  Even though she did not come from my body...but  from across the world...my love for her is no larger or smaller than my love for you or Nolan.  Each love is special, different, unique and immense.  And just so you have a clear and BIG vision...think of how God loves you vs. all His other children across the world.  His love for you is no bigger or smaller than anyone else.  He has a special, unique love for you that is immeasurable...eternal.  He designed us in His image to understand that kind of love...not just for our children ... but for all." Jack actually felt better after our little heart to heart ;)
So,  If all Dale & I accomplish in life is showing our children how to embrace and give love...then I think we've done well.  After all, 1Cor 13:13 "And now these three remain:  faith, hope and love.  But the greatest of these is love." 

Just writing that story reminded me of a past blog post, "From the Mouths of Babes." It was a February post about Noah and how he "trumped" my description of how much I loved my kids.  If you missed it...please go back and read it because you'll understand this better.  Bottomline, I would say before bed, "I love you all the way to the moon and around the moon a zillion times and back."  And Noah proclaimed one night, "I love you all the way to God & Jesus."  Yeah... he won! :)  Anyway, I was blown away by this gift from Rosie.  This is something I have wanted for a long time!  But I would have never thought to put Noah's quote around my kids names!  Genius!  And SO THOUGHTFUL!  This is hand-stamped custom jewelry.  Thank you Rosie!  It is BEAUTIFUL! And a treasure I will wear forever to remember this beautiful story!  Thank you!  Thank you!



Love you all!  xoxoxo  D&N







No comments:

Post a Comment