Thursday, February 19, 2015

Lily & her brothers fly West...Rocky mountains baby!



So it was Lily's first visit to her brothers' birthplace...COLORADO!  It has become a family tradition to go to Colorado once a year to ski down some mountains!  Well, Lily did not ski (but will try it next year!), but her brothers did (their 3rd year!).  We had a blast at Steamboat Springs this year.  Thus far, we have changed up the mountains each year.  The first year was Beaver Creek CO...the second year was Telluride and now Steamboat.  Lily did great with the altitude and she had a blast playing with her brothers and family friends!

Here is Lily on the plane with one of her BFF's, Miss. Di!  Happy as a clam (especially when she is eating snacks!).





The boys skiing (Noah in red and Jake in black).  Our family friends kiddos...Maddy, Grace and Emily are in turquoise ski pants.  These shots are night skiing with fireworks!



Dale & I had some fun ski time too!

Family photos:  Filipiak Family
The Filipiaks share the love of mountains and skiing with us :)) 

Next year Lily will be on skis right beside the boys!


The hot tub at the condo was a hit!  I forgot to get a pic of that but you can imagine all 6 kids (including Lily!) in there having a ball!

In 3 weeks...we will be at the 1 year anniversary of the day we finally got to hold our little girl for the first time.  I can't tell you the overflowing, tear flooding JOY (and "Happy Ugly Cry") moment that was!  I can NOT believe it has already been 1 year.  If you missed that blog of "Gotcha day"... look at "Introducing Lily Ann Grace" in March of 2014.

I look at this little girl who has grown sooooo much in ALL ways in just one year.  The love that we shower on her is off the charts.  Yet... the love that gleams from her is mind blowing.  My mom said it best..."what did we ever do without her?"  Well, honestly...we had it good before Lily.  We had the boys and our family life was great.  BUT, even when you think your family is complete and happy and cozy and perfect...you can feel a tug.  For me & Dale, it was a tug from God.  We were called to adopt.  As scary as the thought is of bringing home a complete stranger...and the daunting task of filling out the paperwork...and the rather impersonal tasks that it all entails... there IS a child on the other side.  There is a beautiful, amazing, perfect child that needs a family.  And this child was hand picked by God.  He has a plan always!  I know that.  Dale & I have lived it.  And the only reason we have lived it is by simply opening our hearts and minds and just asking God..."What do you want us to do?  What is your will for us?...show us."  Maybe adoption is something you are contemplating.  Perhaps your friends are thinking about it.  Whatever it may be...I would be happy to share our experiences...our story.  Surround yourself with encouraging friends & family.  And more than anything...present your requests, questions, concerns, etc to God.  Trust me...when we did...He answered.  It only takes an open heart and open mind.

I can't help to think about 2 years ago when we went to Beaver Creek.  We were in the waiting stage of adopting our little girl.  We had not been matched yet.  We did not have a picture of her face or name.  And I struggled.  I struggled with if or when this will happen.  I was strapped with fear.  I just wanted God to give me encouragement.  So I asked for it.  And HE answered.  Please see the blog dated: February 14, 2015,   Titled:  "CONFIRMATION" ...for the full story.  It's one of my favorite confirmations and encouragement from God that Dale and I were on the right path...the path he chose for us.

I know God has a plan for everyone.  It may or may not have to do with adoption but HE has a plan for you.  WE are all HIS children.  Have faith like a child...innocent and pure.    Just ask...and you shall receive.

"So I say to you: Keep asking, and it will be given you. Keep searching, and you will find. Keep knocking, and the door will be opened for you, "  Luke 11:9  (International Standard version)

No comments:

Post a Comment