Friday, January 24, 2014

Waiting to Bring Lily Home

Well, I'm not one to blog...I'm ole' school and not so tech-savvy.  So for those that know me...you can laugh now;)  But I do love to write and I know that there are some friends, family and probably some strangers out there that would like to follow our amazing journey to bringing Lily Home.  The purpose of this blog is to communicate but also to inspire:  faith, hope & love.  Our entire journey thus far has inspired me and certainly has proven abundant spiritual growth in our family.  It's been a "rocky boat" at times but I know when we get to our destination...it's ALL worth it!  And any of you contemplating on getting in the boat of adoption...I pray this blog helps you!   You can read more about our backstory on deciding to adopt by clicking on our "about us" Nancy & Dale profile page.

I named this blog "Sea of Grace" for a couple reasons.  One, our beautiful daughter (above) , who we have been "matched" with has a Chinese name of "Wu Hai Nuo".  The first name "Wu" is her last name but in China...they place it first.  Who knew?  She was given this name when she was found in a train station on or around her day of birth.  The name Wu has got a military connotation.  Hopefully she is not militant and giving us orders ;)  haha.  But what struck me the most is the meaning of Hai Nuo.  Hai... means "Sea" and Nuo means "Grace."   I know deep deep down...and have always known that God gave us her.  God had ...from the start... chosen her for us and us for her :)  This journey and this precious little girl has taught us a "sea of grace".  Anyone that has been in this "boat" knows how difficult and long the process can be.  Sometimes you truly feel lost at sea and wandering because you don't have any control.  But rest assured...God does provide and I feel He has filled us with abundant grace to see us through.  Ask and you shall receive!   We still have a ways to go on getting her, bringing her home and transitioning...and I pray for grace every day to make it through.  We started this journey officially in August of 2012.  It's been quite the ride and we have many stories to share:) Right now...we are approximately 4-6 weeks out of meeting our little 18 month old girl whom we have named:  Lily Ann Grace Kalman. I can not possibly describe in words the love we have for our precious daughter on the other side of this world.  But I will try in my next blog:)   Stay tuned...there's much to say & share:)

No comments:

Post a Comment