Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Summer Lily!!!

Wow!  Where has the Summer gone???  Seriously, I just blinked and it flew by... like my life!  I'm sorry I haven't blogged!  It really is crazy in the Summer and on top of it...I have 3 children:)) They ALL have kept us busy and we sure did keep movin' the whole Summer!  The boys and Lily stayed active with first a Summer vacation in Hayward WI (with a pit stop at the Dells!) which consisted of a ton of play in the pool and lake with their cousins and friends!

The Dells



The boys are like FISH in the water!  Noah really thrived and loved to jump & swim underwater!  Jake always does well in the water and got some one on one swimming with his lil' sis.



Gigantic inflatable ball fights!

Bonfires & Smores (Heaven for Noah!)

Fish'n Fun pool:)
Lily...well, Lily does not fear ANYTHING.  She loved the pool, diving/jumping from the diving board & being thrown ;)  All in a day of Lily!










We spent a considerable time in MI too.  Lots of sun, fun and tubing!  Lily is not tubing yet, but you better believe she will next year!  I'm going to have to bubble wrap her or something for everyone's safety!



Ok...we placed her on the tube...a 'non-moving' tube...but that is IT!:)

Wonderful Friends & family on the 4th of July!

Lily thoughts :  "my feet can't reach the peddles but my mind will make them move!" THAT'S focus!

 Lake beach fun!  Priceless smiles!

 Lily turned two in July and we had a small family party at the lake house.  Can I tell you how much she LOVES cupcakes?  I think her face speaks for itself!



We had a couple costume changes on her bday...this one AND....

 This one.  Yeah...this one did not work out...she was not havin' it! ;0
But she is so darn cute in that adorable dress!!!

Paddle buddies...Noah and Grace

Brother / Sister talks are the best at the lake.  If only I could have heard that conversation!

 Jake loves to fish like his Daddy!

What is she thinking?!

Sometimes I can't believe how blessed we are...for Lily, for Jake & Noah... and...

for family! and friends!


I thought everything was absolutely awesome with Lily from the beginning.  But, I was wrong.  It is even better! Is there a word greater than "awesome"?  I can't believe how much Lily has thrived.  She is such a JOY from the moment she wakes up in the morning !  She is SO happy!  And the boys!  The boys are so wonderful to her!   I remember it was a struggle to put her to bed whether for a nap or for the night.  She would cry for sometimes up to 45 minutes.  And wake up several times during the night.  It was hard on her and us!  I prayed and prayed with her.  Yes, her ears were filled with fluid before the surgery but the tubes relieved that and she still cried at bedtime and when she woke in the mornings.   It has lessened and lessened over time.  But I wanted her to love bed time.  I know, crazy thought but why not?  I love bed time!  I prayed with her, asking God to help her feel comfortable and at peace that she is safe.  I prayed she knows that her momma and daddy are here and not leaving her.   I prayed that she would start loving her bed and space...that she would even play in it and enjoy her alone time.  And guess what!  Prayers are answered!  Initially she will cry for seconds...then she falls asleep peacefully and in the mornings, she wakes up happy as a clam.  I watch her on the monitor flopping her legs back and forth, playing with her music box and her sweet fluffy lamb.  Joy OH Joy!

That's the highlights for Summer.  But I have sooooo much more!  Up next...Lily severs her finger.  Yes, cut it off !  In less than 6 months...Lily hits the ER!  She is ok...but I will fill you in... in next couple of days on her finger, her hearing loss, the day she got bit on the back from another 2 year old (all this in one week!).


love to all!  N&D

No comments:

Post a Comment